Thursday, October 4, 2007

Top Chef Finale

[photos from bravotv.com]

Did you watch Bravo last night for the Top Chef Finale? Let's just say that I wasn't surprised as much as I was disappointed. The last three chefs were Casey, Dale, and Hung. I was really rooting for Casey because she is a fellow Texan. I was hoping that Hung wouldn't win. I couldn't stand his attitude and damn that smug look!

Well, the three finalists were flown to their last cooking challenge in Aspen, Colorado. The challengers found out that water takes longer to boil at such a high altitude. They were to make a three course meal with any ingredients that were on the table they provided. They could also use the special ingredients they brought with them in their meals. Then the host told them that they would have a person helping them with the preparation. Hung drew the first knife, Casey the second, and Dale got the last knife. They drew Rocco DiSpirito, Michelle Bernstein, and Todd English.

The next day, they were preparing food and were told that they had to prepare a fourth meal that could presented anytime during the meal. I feel bad that Casey's meals didn't go over well. She was just nervous, and it got the best of her.

In the end, though, Hung was the winner. Bleh! I knew he was the best chef, but I still didn't want him to win. Casey's food had the most heart, Dale's probably had the best flavor, and Hung's food had the best execution. Now, I can't wait until Project Runway!


Let's talk about our Top Chef hostess Padma Lakshmi's dress on the finale episode. I wish I could show you a picture of it, but there's not one anywhere to be found! Let's just say it was a simple cut, but it had this ruffle-y Mexican Folkorico dancer top. Not only that, but it was a terrible color! Then she wore it again for Part 2 of the season finale 6 months later! I just don't understand!

Check out http://www.bravo.com for more info on Top Chef Miami.

No comments: