Friday, October 5, 2007

Brit's Gimme More a success!


Finally some good news for Ms. Britney Spears. According two Billboard.com, Britney's recently released single "Gimme More" has reached #1 on the digital downloads charts, and it went from it's debut spot #68, all the way to #3 on Billboard's Hot 100 Chart. That's good news, right?

You know, I bet everyone is tired of hearing about her, but I actually feel a little bad for her. She's been performing since she was, what, 15 years old? 10 years later, she allegedly gets addicted to crystal meth, shaves her head in a near mental breakdown, and doesn't stop her partying. It's easy to see that she wasn't able to live her life as a normal teenager. I guess it's the same syndrome that happens when girls graduate from Catholic school. She has made some really poor decisions, especially marrying a back-up dancer and having two kids with him.

I can't imagine how tough it must be to face paparazzi that would kill babies to get pictures of you. There was an incident where one of the photographers accidentally hit one of her kids. Then the tabloids choose the worst pictures and put you in a 'Stars without makeup' spread, or call you fat. I don't know if I could handle that, but by the same token it's part of being a celebrity.

Anyway, here is her newly released music video for her single "Gimme More." I don't know about this one. I was told that she pretty much designed this whole video herself. She fired her management team, and when they brought in the wardrobe for her video shoot, she vetoed the costumes. Then, she went with her own style. This was the result:



Let me know what you think!

No comments: