Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Elizabeth: The Golden Age and Across the Universe

I know I'm not the only one who is creaming themselves with desire for this sequel. Cate Blanchett is one of the most stunning actresses on screen and off screen. She turned it at the 2007 Oscar awards and never fails to bring the fashion to the red carpet. I was floored when I saw her in the movie Babel. There was a short scene in the beginning of the movie where she and Brad Pitt were arguing about their relationship. That scene made the movie for me. I loved the irony of how two people speaking the same language couldn't even understand each other. That movie spoke to me.

Cate Blanchett turning it at the 2007 Oscars

The first Elizabeth movie was amazing. It had some incredibly awesome moments. The moment where she is betrayed by her lover, and decides to marry her country sticks in my mind as iconic. It seems fortune has smiled on me this weekend. It is not only my birthday, but I will also be treated to a showing of this splendid movie.

This bitch is fierce.


Also this weekend, Across the Universe (The Beatles jukebox movie musical) is scheduled for wide release. I still want to see it, but all those reviews about it being a joke to the counterculture of the 60's makes me not want to see it as badly. I did, however, purchase a soundtrack recording of Across the Universe. The reviews for the movie have been terrible, and I'll admit it is a bit karaoke-ish, but there is some great singing done on the soundtrack. I would have to say the weakest singing comes from Evan Rachel Wood. I'll watch the movie (maybe this weekend) and post my own review as an avid musical lover.



No comments: